1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what's this pretty hen

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by foxcove4, Jul 9, 2008.

1. foxcove4

foxcove4 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2008
    WNC
    I think it may be 1/2 silkie because of it's blue ears
    [​IMG]

2. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    No idea, but those feathers on her back sure look like a lot like one of my Millie's feathers. [​IMG] [​IMG]

1/2 silkie, 1/2 Mille Fleur D'Uccle -- ??

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2008
  3. pinkfeather

pinkfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    CT
    It looks like it has black skin, and if it has blue earlobes, then it probably is a silkie mix. I don't know what the other half is though. HenMama, are you sure you have a Millie Fluer D'uccle? I would think they have white spots.

4. foxcove4

foxcove4 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2008
    WNC
    yeah, it's skin is almost black

5. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    I was thinking Silkie x d'Uccle cross as well. Probably Quail, not Mille Fleur. Mille would have white in it.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  6. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:Yes, they are 13 weeks old now and have been getting their white spots over the last few weeks. You can see spots in this pic I took today. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2008
  7. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Henmama2 It has too much black to be a mille fleur color, it has to be some other color

And the white bird looks like it is a silver laced pattern, and looks like a light brahmea mix

8. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I agree.... half Silkie... and GORGEOUS!!!!! [​IMG] Maybe Silkie x Brahma (bantam maybe)

And I also agree... not Mille Fleur patterned.... the black isn't right. And the head wouldn't be black like that either.

She's not super spotted, but you can see the pattern on mine..... note the head, the feet and the shape of the black on each feather. The black should be almost heart shaped.

[​IMG]

If I'm wrong...someone correct me..... but I've not seen any Milles like that anywhere.. I agree, must be some other color. They are gorgeous though! [​IMG]

9. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    foxcove I cant see the blue earlobes, they look white to me but if you say they are blue then she must be half silkie. She is verry pretty [​IMG]

10. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    HenMama2 maybe yours is a Brown Red d Uccle. I found them on Ideal and can't fin a pic of them.
    foxcove4, I agree with Brahma mix. She's beautiful

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by