1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What's Up With This? Mini Egg?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Mutt Farm, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Crazy tiny egg. I only have 3 blue layers, all laying consistent nice sized eggs, usually 2/3 per day. 3 blue eggs yesterday, then this today. ??? Is there a Robin in my coop? Guess one has a hitch in her getalong. [​IMG]

2. Mutt Farm

Now this second egg from same hen same day found under the roost. Pic is the 2 eggs she laid today. Strange.[​IMG]

3. PerfectPlumage

PerfectPlumage Chillin' With My Peeps

Weird. Well, some hens first eggs will be small. Then they start laying big eggs. Have any young hens that just recently started laying?

4. MeepBeep

MeepBeep Chillin' With My Peeps

It's an egg (usually) without a yolk, commonly called a 'fart egg' or 'fairy egg' and sometimes they just happen...

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  5. Mutt Farm

[​IMG] YES! A fart egg! [​IMG] That is hysterical!!!

6. PerfectPlumage

PerfectPlumage Chillin' With My Peeps

If a little eggs a fart egg, that makes a fully developed big egg a..

Turd.

7. MeepBeep

MeepBeep Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm only the messenger here :lol: it's factually commonly called a fart egg or fairy egg...

8. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

Sometimes the first egg a small egg, and the next one a larger egg, and then the 3rd a normal sized egg.

9. Mutt Farm

Own it MB. That was hysterical! Factual, but stinking funny! Thank you for the fact and the laugh! I'm picturing a chicken fart right now...

10. Mutt Farm

Hi! She's been laying good sized eggs for about a month. Couple huge double yolkers in a row, then couple weeks normal, then today...[​IMG] I hope she quits farting eggs. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by