1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What's with my BO Rooster??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by JessaLynn, Aug 23, 2008.

1. JessaLynn

JessaLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2008
    Sandusky County,Ohio
    My BO rooster has been acting funny lately.Stays out in the run and always in the same cornor.He just stands there.Sometimes his feathers on the back of his head will stand up and he'll walk around a bit.Is he sick or something? He looks fine and still is friendly. [​IMG] Don't get it.

2. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    How are your girls acting around him?

3. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Maybe there is something in that corner he considers a threat to him and the hens. [​IMG]

4. JessaLynn

JessaLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2008
    Sandusky County,Ohio
    They all act like nothing new.I checked the cornor out and nothing seems out of the ordinary unless at one time there was a critter near the fence right there.No signs of force entry though.fence is dug into the ground and I have wood border all along the bottom and the fence is stapled to the wood.I had missing birds last year so I have really made sure nothing is getting in or out.[​IMG] I even have deer netting over top my run in case of hawks.
    [​IMG] Can't figure him out. He's about 20 weeks old.I have another rooster in there but they get along fine.My other rooster is not aggressive at all and both are very friendly. Maybe he's just shy with the ladies.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by