What's with the Burt Reynolds pose?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by orchidchick, Feb 17, 2009.

1. orchidchick

orchidchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    south florida
    My young Barred Rock roo suns himself with the legs outstretched, one wing off to the side, and his hackle feathers all poufed out with his three ladies all around him. (They are about 11 weeks old)

It's the hackle feathers that crack me up! His girls keep checking the back of his head! This is something new, obviously, and it's only when I am out there when the four of them aren't running screaming like babies into the coop from the three older bully hens.

Too much fun!

Orchidchick

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

[​IMG]

3. the_eagle69

the_eagle69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Far SW VA
    Now that would be worth a pic.

4. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    Yeah, you can't just tell us about it, you gotta show us something this funny!
    ~Rebecca

5. orchidchick

orchidchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    south florida
    I'll have to see if he'll perform for the camera....or if he's shy! I may have to name him Burt though, as he is a neighbor of sorts here. ..... and he is pretty popular with the ladies [​IMG] and as a barred rock, he does have that salt and pepper thing going on! [​IMG]

My father would kill me, but I still have a picture of him attempting "that pose"....clothed, of course, in front of the fireplace at one of our family gatherings. He looked like a goalie protecting his vitals!

Orchidchick

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by