1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

whats wrong? HELP!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Apocha14, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Apocha14

Apocha14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2015
    Massachusetts
    My pullet wasn't inside tonight...i went out to do a final count like every night and she ended up being under the coop huddled against some hay. Its 15degrees here tonight and it had only been 1 1\2 since i locked them in. She's acting very lathargic and her eyes are closed. She's fluffed up, body feels warm, feet are cold. Could she just be cold? Any ideas?[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    How old is this bird? Was she behaving normally today - eating, drinking, eliminating and activity level? Have you seen any droppings from her and, if so, can you describe them?
    Your post reads as though you are thinking this is related to exposure from being outside the coop - but I would say this reads like a bird who is feeling compromised (ill) and reacting accordingly by having found a quiet place to hide away and feel miserable.

3. Apocha14

Jan 10, 2015
    Massachusetts
    She's 12 weeks and she seemed fine today but to be honest i didn't pay a ton of attention to the older birds today, i had chicks hatching so i wasn't out as much as usual. Seemed fine though. Right now she doesn't want to eat or drink and there isn't much movement. i haven't seen any droppings...

4. Apocha14

Jan 10, 2015
    Massachusetts
    I just offered her food again, she's gobbling it up!

5. Apocha14

Jan 10, 2015
    Massachusetts
    And she pooped! Two times in an hour and a half. Gray and white healthy looking.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by