Help! What's wrong with my chick?

booklover

Songster
May 8, 2020
Tennessee
I just got him home and gave him water and food, dipped his beak in the water and everything. It's been fifteen minutes and he's just laying there sleeping.!! That's what he was doing in the brooder when i got him also... Is he okay????

Maybe it's stress or he's cold i done know by we did ride around town for a minute after i got him and i did a few things when we got home to prepare a brooder.... Please help!!!!

It could be any of the things you listed, or if he was acting like that when you picked him up, it's not your fault. Poor thing. You just bought one chick?
I didn't actually buy it funny story. The guy gave it to me 😂. But yes theres just him but i have some due to hatch any day now

They were napping when i came but when i reached in they panicked like normal. I had a heat lamp on him but just moved it away (he was hot)

I didn't actually buy it funny story. The guy gave it to me 😂. But yes theres just him but i have some due to hatch any day now

They were napping when i came but when i reached in they panicked like normal. I had a heat lamp on him but just moved it away (he was hot)
Ok. Do you have any poultry vitamins you could add to the water and try and get him to drink some? Posting pics or a video of his behavior, and your brooder would help determine what's wrong. He should be able to escape the heat on his own without you having to move the lamp as well.

Ok. Do you have any poultry vitamins you could add to the water and try and get him to drink some? Posting pics or a video of his behavior, and your brooder would help determine what's wrong. He should be able to escape the heat on his own without you having to move the lamp as well.
I don't have any poultry vitamins, and one sec and i will post pics

He's just laying there peeping super quietly PXL_20210511_210812989.jpg

Back
Top Bottom