What's wrong with my chicken???

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mcatgirl, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Mcatgirl

Mcatgirl Out Of The Brooder

Dec 16, 2016
    Ohio
    Is this normal??? She's about 7 months old, I had to give her a bath today cause she was bloody after trying to fight for top hen. She's been trying to take the lead in the group. I gave her a bath and saw this... worried 1st year chicken mom!

[​IMG]

2. Mcatgirl

Dec 16, 2016
    Ohio
    It's a clear bumb under the feathers.

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Pleased to have you with us! Hope your chicken is okay. Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!!

6. Mcatgirl

Dec 16, 2016
    Ohio
    Thanks everyone! Posted it on ER forum. I'm glad so far no ines worried.

7. henny1129

henny1129 Crazy Livestock Gal

Hello and :welcome! I hope you enjoy BYC just as much as the rest of us do! Glad you're hen seems okay! Best of luck! :D

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Mcatgirl [​IMG] Welcome!

I agree that it does not look like anything too serious but hopefully you will get some more experienced responses on the Emergency & Diseases thread.

I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. Mcatgirl

Dec 16, 2016
    Ohio
    So far Emergency & Desease thread hasn't told me anything just asked if it was hard or squishy. It's squishy.
    I'm going to keep an eye on Mable the next few days and see if it changes. She's been fighting a lot lately with my Top hen Penelope so maybe she got hurt from that. I'm glad no one is alarmed by it. I love my ladies, she stayed in last night I had to give her a bath cause the back of her comb had a chunk missing she's white so the blood splatter everywhere wasn't pretty. But it amazed me how long it takes to blow dry a chicken, I got her almost all dry but her down feathers were still a little damp, it's cold her at night in Ohio I didn't want her to get sick, so my first time having one of my girls spend the night inside.

10. Mcatgirl

Dec 16, 2016
    Ohio
    Here's Mabel back in October. I think she's darling! She's really been warming up to me, likes to jump up at check me out. She's the smallest of my birds but she's trying to be too hen. And she lays the best eggs!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by