What's wrong with my coturnix hen?

emcrowder

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2016
My poor girl for the past couple of months has been sitting over in the corner sleeping or walking around with her eyes half closed. She's just in general very lethargic she still eats and drinks some and there is no bullying from the other 6 hens who she is with in a pretty big coop with hay bedding. She hasn't started laying yet this year. This morning I noticed she panting with her mouth open and her eyes closed. Any ideas what's wrong with her or medicines I should use or anything?

My poor girl for the past couple of months has been sitting over in the corner sleeping or walking around with her eyes half closed. She's just in general very lethargic she still eats and drinks some and there is no bullying from the other 6 hens who she is with in a pretty big coop with hay bedding. She hasn't started laying yet this year. This morning I noticed she panting with her mouth open and her eyes closed. Any ideas what's wrong with her or medicines I should use or anything?

Sorry to hear that :/ are you sure she hasn't laid? Panting can mean they're hot, stressed or in pain, or when laying an egg I've noticed.

Is it possible she has or is hitting her head maybe at night sometimes?

Possible for her to have worms? Which I have no experience in..

How's her poop? That can give clues - is she super fat by chance?
1f605.png

I don't think there's been any head honking going on I have actually hardly ever seen them startled and nothing has preyed on them in a long time. Her poop is runny and coats her underside and butt now:(she is a plump girl but not extremely so. Besides her symptoms she looks perfect no missing feathers or injuries. My girls have always been perfect and they're a year old now so this is worrying me!

I don't think there's been any head honking going on I have actually hardly ever seen them startled and nothing has preyed on them in a long time. Her poop is runny and coats her underside and butt now:(she is a plump girl but not extremely so. Besides her symptoms she looks perfect no missing feathers or injuries. My girls have always been perfect and they're a year old now so this is worrying me!

Hmm so either she's sick in which case the others would be you would think so maybe it's what happens in chickens called "Vent Gleet"? I think it's an internal yeast infection, can you look it up and see if it fits? Also I think they will sometimes have visible yeast in their mouths?

Back
Top Bottom