Whats wrong with my girls!?! *Pics*

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickenbuttsowhat, Feb 23, 2012.

1. chickenbuttsowhat

chickenbuttsowhat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    Danville, Arkansas
    i have de wormed them at the beganning of this year i dust them twice a month but still cant fig out whats wrong with my hens i had a hen die in december for unknown reason and her feathers was rough like this but i cant figure out whats doing it and its driving me nuts. the white hen is molting i know that but whats causing their back feathers to look that bad i dont have a rooster with them well i do but he's a lil jap bantie rooster and i just put him in there last week and this been going on for atleast a month+
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JerseyGiantfolk

JerseyGiantfolk Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2012
    Do you have any roosters? If so sometimes they'll do that to the fluff when they mate.

3. moting?? I'm no expert so i really don't know

4. chickenbuttsowhat

chickenbuttsowhat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    Danville, Arkansas
    nope no rooster we just NOW put a small lil white black tail jap bantie rooster in there but their feathers been doing that before put him in there and the white hen is molting but the other are not so im not sure whats going on they never done this before and like i said i dust them and de worm them so they r free of those pest [​IMG][​IMG]

5. Easter eggers

Easter eggers Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    Some times they pull out feathers of each other due to lack of protein try cat food

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  6. Ragladysews

Ragladysews Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2011
    NW Georgia
    I agree, try the cat food or tuna with oil.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by