What's wrong with my gurls?

PepsNick

Back to Business
9 Years
May 9, 2010
Egglanta, GA
So 2 of my 5 1/2 month old girls have been spending the whole day in the coop, not in the run. They havent layed yet but are on layer feed... about 23 weeks old. They just act so weird and whenever i put them back in the run they run right back upstairs! They are the 2 lowest in the pecking order and i thought that maybe they havent been getting enough food (i also give them blueberries, watermelon, grapes and corn), so i put a feed er in with them but they pretty much left them alone. There is a BO and a BSL. Ideas? Are they depressed or something? And I don't think they were gonna lay because they were up there all afternoon and were on the roosts and sitting on the ground. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Could they be Broody????????????????????? Some start very young??? Just a thought. Maybe they got scared by a preditor? Are they being bullied????

Oesdog -
hmm.png

Quote:
well, i have been out with them all day and have seen no predators. maybe my dog? but they snuggle with him!! and no they havent even started laying yet so they cant be broody:(

If they are lowest on pecking order, it could be they are avoiding the others. I have one that does not get on the ground...she stays on the roost or on top of the hutch I use for a Jail or on the top shelf of nesting boxes (she is laying).

Back
Top Bottom