what's wrong with my roo? (Pics added)

seminolewind

Flock Mistress
Premium Feather Member
15 Years
Sep 6, 2007
Corydon, Indiana
My roo Eddie carries his head and neck turned to one side most of the time, he's not eating or drinking enough but some. He has a hard swelling under his eye. He pants after drinking water. He's weak and has poor balance. It looks like because of the swelling under his eye, he can't see, so he kind of walks circles backwards sometimes. But he can walk straight. It seems like he carries himself so crooked because there is some pain maybe somewhere in his neck or crop. His crop has been small and firm and his stool is greenish and dry. Please help!

Last edited:
Sounds to me like he may have a viral or bacterial thing. Have you isolated? given antibiotics? keeping hydrated?

hope it's not mareks

Thanks Mahonri. No, it's not Marek's. Here's some pics of his swollen face.

This is his posture most of the time
eddie020.jpg

eddie001.jpg

eddie002.jpg

eddie007.jpg

eddie011.jpg

eddie015.jpg

eddie018.jpg

Poor boy!! If he were mine, I'd take him to the vets. If that's not possible, I'd get some antibiotics from a feed store. It's better than nothing. Good luck to him and you!
hugs.gif
fl.gif

Possibly bitten by small poisonous snake or even spider in the face area if you live in that type an area, I would deffinetly treat with antibiotics and put teramycin in his eyes.

Back
Top Bottom