1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what's wrong with my rooster (grey eye and feathers lost)

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by skod2016, Apr 23, 2017.

1. skod2016

skod2016 Just Hatched

Apr 23, 2017
    hello everyone my friend just gave me this new rooster and when i looked at it it looks sick and his left eye os grye and can't see on it and his feathers looks mussed up can anyone tell me what's wrong with him and what can I do to help ?
    this is the pics

2. skod2016

skod2016 Just Hatched

Apr 23, 2017
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. skod2016

skod2016 Just Hatched

Apr 23, 2017
    can anyone help me

4. skod2016

skod2016 Just Hatched

Apr 23, 2017
    that's strange
    no one knows :(

5. MasAhora

MasAhora Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2016
    Paraguay
    That is one sad looking rooster. Is it an infection? Almost looks like pus.
    A more experienced person will respond, but perhaps you can add some more information.
    How was your friend keeping the rooster? It does not look like a new illness and the broken/lost feathers are in interesting locations. Was the rooster kept in poor conditions?
    How old is he?
    Is he eating OK? Is he behaving normally? (scratching around, crowing, etc?)

Some vitamin supplements, scrambled egg and quality feed mix look very necessary for him for a good couple of weeks.
    Plus a nice calm stress free environment. All goes to helping his immune system.
    Poor little thing.

6. skod2016

skod2016 Just Hatched

Apr 23, 2017
    That is one sad looking rooster. Is it an infection?
    it doesn't seem an infection
    How was your friend keeping the rooster? It does not look like a new illness and the broken/lost feathers are in interesting locations. Was the rooster kept in poor conditions?
    my friend bought it to he said it's a gift. he was in poor condition but now i keep him alone and give him lots of food and water with vitamins
    How old is he?
    he seems not that old depending on his legs
    Is he eating OK? Is he behaving normally? (scratching around, crowing, etc?)
    yes he is now eating good and crowing all the day but he can't walk fast or run from me he looks tired

Some vitamin supplements, scrambled egg and quality feed mix look very necessary for him for a good couple of weeks.
    i will do that
    thanks for your replay

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by