1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

whats wrong with this egg?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by OzawkieBantams, Nov 7, 2010.

1. OzawkieBantams

OzawkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    I noticed this this morning as i candled them i seen them move so i dont think it is dead. But i dont lnow.

[​IMG]

2. mmaddie's mom

mmaddie's mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Is that a flaw in the egg, pre-layed... or has it been bumped and dented/chipped in? What day is it on? Chicks can survive minor dings... and even major ones, as in the case of "Boing" (recent previous posting on BYC). More info please. [​IMG]

3. OzawkieBantams

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    mmaddie's mom :

Is that a flaw in the egg, pre-layed... or has it been bumped and dented/chipped in? What day is it on? Chicks can survive minor dings... and even major ones, as in the case of "Boing" (recent previous posting on BYC). More info please. [​IMG]

Not the ding sorry.... The browning on the egg. The two eggs i have, have this.
    It is day 27​

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2010
  4. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    If i read this right, and if it is a chicken egg, chicks are supose to hatch on day 21 and you are holding a 27 day old egg, therefore, i believe that is called rotting.
    I think.

5. OzawkieBantams

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    Quote:My bad it is a duck egg.i beleive thats what its called!

6. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    Quote:My bad it is a duck egg.i beleive thats what its called!

Ok, then I have no idea. [​IMG]

7. OzawkieBantams

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    Welll they were dead.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by