1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

???????? What's wrong???

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by djronron, Sep 23, 2015.

1. djronron

djronron Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2015
    Louisiana
    3rd day no eggs. Nothing done different. south Louisiana weather changed a Lil bet (not as hot) same feed fresh water everyday

Help!!

2. WNCcluck

WNCcluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2014
    Mountains of WNC
    How many hens do you have? Girls free ranging? Anybody molting?

We have eight hens. Right now, four of them are molting. That means our maximum egg count per day would be four from the non-molters. When I factor in the age of our girls (all two years plus) and the shortening daylight, I'm happy with three eggs in a day. Thankfully, the molting ladies will be back at it once they've finished molting.

If your girls free range, you may have eggs hidden under some grass or a bush somewhere.

3. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    More information is needed. Most importantly, how old are they? Are they free ranged or confined?

4. djronron

djronron Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2015
    Louisiana
    7 months old. Confined during the day till I get off work which is about 4 pm

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by