Whats wrong?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by debbie_nibbles, Mar 5, 2012.

1. debbie_nibbles

debbie_nibbles Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2009
    Port Angeles, Wa
    Poor girl not even a year old, is standing alone by herself, acting slow, doesn't preen either. She does go into coop at night but sleeps on the floor, then comes out with the others in the am. Started a couple days ago, don't know what to do :(

2. How old is she? Has she started laying yet? She might be eggbound or just having trouble with a first egg. Some of them have trouble with that first egg. If you press up on her abdomen, it might help the egg move into a better position so she can pass it. I'd keep her warm.

How is her color? How are her droppings? Does she stand fluffed up trying to stay warm?

3. debbie_nibbles

Jul 21, 2009
    Port Angeles, Wa
    She's been laying for a couple monthe now but has stopped, she has trouble walking over the door stop, stumbling, and likes to lay down when eating, I noticed her comb has paled too. Today she does seem to be moving a little more and has started cleaning herself again, but now the other Buff looks like shes starting to stumble. No mites or egg bound

4. So its been so long since I got on here... how are her droppings? Is she still eating and drinking? It's been almost two weeks. I hope you've seen an outcome to this. If not, tell us whats going on.

5. debbie_nibbles

Jul 21, 2009
    Port Angeles, Wa
    Not sure what happened but her and the other Buff are gone noe :( I went from 6 to 4 now I'm at 5. Think I'll just stay with this. All the rest are great no problems :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by