1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What's Yellow & Blue & Pink all over??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Squishy, May 3, 2011.

1. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Introducing Angel! Yellow toes. Blue legs & Blue under wings & Blue underbelly. Pink shoulders and Pink rump.

Extremely long wings (in comparison to brooder mates). Long tail quills (also in comparison).

Feathered feet. 4 toes both feet. Pronounced vulture hocks. More dainty head from the front.

From TSC Assorted Bantam bin.

Confusion abounds within my noggin. Computer has 60,000 tabs open with chick pictures from various breeds showing.

What on earth?

2. mandapanda3186

mandapanda3186 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    southwest Michigan
    Do her wings fly out like a frizzle? Looks like it in the pic. Cute [​IMG] but I have no clue...

3. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    It's a White Frizzle Cochin. [​IMG]

4. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Quote:x2

5. mandapanda3186

mandapanda3186 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    southwest Michigan
    Quote:Sweet! Pretty proud of myself for recognizing early frizzle feathers. [​IMG]

6. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    It might be frizzled..
    But I know it's not a cochin.
    I've got cochins growing up right next to her, and a definite frizzle cochin, and she doesen't look anything like them.
    The cochins skin is not blue over a good portion of their bodies. Their wings are rounded off and shorter, not long and pointy.

I also don't believe my other that I posted is a cochin.. although I would be very happy if they were.. super cute... but I find a five toed cochin hard to swallow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by