~*What's Your Chickens "Drug" of choice*~

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Mother_Hen2011, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Mother_Hen2011

Mother_Hen2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    New Mexico
    My hens have this strange addiction to styrafoam... We live on almost 2 1/2 acreas of land and they free range alot of the time (Depending on the weather of course. [​IMG] ) Anyways, I have cleaned most of the free ranging spots but they have since found new spots they can get to and I havent been able to get it all cleaned up. Of course there is styrafoam over in the new spot thats how they found it lol. I have taken the styrafoam away from them and even had to chase them down to get it away from them lol. Darn chickens [​IMG]
    I call it their drug of choice [​IMG] Because they seem to really love it alot...

Anyways, I was just wondering what are your ladies and gents "drug" of choice?

Mine love Grapes and Styrafoam. ROFL

[​IMG]

2. Mother_Hen2011

Aug 2, 2011
    New Mexico
    Im guessing no answers. Lol Oh well [​IMG]

3. DebbieDee

DebbieDee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2011
    Boise
    Grapes and corn

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  4. 6chickens in St. Charles

6chickens in St. Charles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    Quote:OMG I actually removed a big styrofoam piece from my house (under a bay window, what was left of it) because the birds would NOT stop eating it! I had to chase them down to give it up! Now I think I'd better re-insulate that bay window, but I don't know with what, and maybe properly finish it so the birds can't get it. [​IMG]

5. Scooter&Suzie

Scooter&Suzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    My painted toes. And my fingernails that are also painted red.

Food? Oatmeal, dry straight out of the box.

6. AZ_HenHouse

AZ_HenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2011
    Better watch out if you bring grapes out... They also love sunflower seed. If one starts jumping up at a sunflower head, then all the girls come running to get the seeds that drop off.
    [​IMG]

7. Mother_Hen2011

Aug 2, 2011
    New Mexico
    Omgosh my ladies love my rings lol [​IMG] If my wedding band goes missing atleast I will have a good excuse [​IMG] My chickens ate it [​IMG] rofl its hilarious to imagine someone chasing a chicken to give them back a hunk of styrafoam roflmao

8. Mother_Hen2011

Aug 2, 2011
    New Mexico
    Quote:OMGOSH THATS ADORABLE!!!!! Watch out girl with the grapes they are miniature veggie eating velociraptors roflmao

9. kac266

kac266 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2011
    my 5 girls once quickly snatched a fresh water pearl bracelet off of my wrist and cleaned them up in seconds.
    The next day they gave me "pearly POOPS"[​IMG]
    My girls love their special treat mix- oatmeal, eggshell & corn scratch mixed in a coffee can. They get a handfull for their bedtime snack [​IMG]

10. Mother_Hen2011

Aug 2, 2011
    New Mexico
    Wow they ate your bracelet? rofl Oh that made me laugh
    Mine dont liek oatmeal but boy they will tear you a new one if you dont give them some green grapes rofl

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by