1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What's your chicken's favorite treat?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ErikaSmit, Nov 23, 2011.

1. ErikaSmit

ErikaSmit Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2011
    Schererville, IN
    I tried butternut squash the other day

[​IMG]

They love it!

Dumpling, you got something on your face

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Well mine love scratch grains, yogurt, hard boiled egg, scrambled egg and bread. They go nuts for raisins too. [​IMG]

I have fed them cooked butternut squash, and French pumpkins---they liked them too.

3. P-Funk

P-Funk Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Franktown
    Awefully cute bunch of girls you have there. Mine will eat any veggies diced into tiny bits. Especially tomatos and celery, and lettuce, etc... A nice bowl of oatmeal with raisins is good, too.

4. hispoptart

hispoptart Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    Mine go nuts for peas.

5. ladychicken&Ducklover

ladychicken&Ducklover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2011
    Champion, Michigan
    " ROOSTER BOOSTER "[​IMG]

Well, my 2 female ducks , their 2 Barred Rock hens, then that whole group's Drake, love a mixture of cooked elbow macaroni , scratch grains , oats , greens , a sprinkle of DE and Cayenne Pepper ( Both that help get rid of any internal and external bad bugs etc ) and the " Secret ingredient ", dried Mealworms, all tied together with Molasses ![​IMG]

My other 2 separate groups of hens and their roosters, all just go crazy when they see me coming with the " Treat Bowl "![​IMG]

I invented this crazy concoction during the summer when I noticed that my young Polish Roo ( my avatar ), seemed VERY listless and drowsy. I just Could Not figure out why !

I thought about it and thought about it for what seemed like forever , [​IMG] , I looked any kind of information up online , thru Google and BYC , [​IMG] , and Still couldn't figure out what was wrong with my " Boys "! .[​IMG][​IMG]

I haven't had any problems with internal and external parasites, Ever, my girls love it and it gives my Roos a little boost , and they are Alot more alert now, to do their job in keeping vigilance .[​IMG]

I noticed that my Roos are up during the night Alot , too ,so , thus the name ," ROOSTER BOOSTER"[​IMG]

6. oh i just LOVE your frizzle roo!!!!! they are a gorgeous flock. [​IMG]

Mine go nutso over minimarshmallows and peanuts. I get the unshelled and unsalted ones at the feed store. The shell keeps them BUSY for awhile. The marshmallows if you throw one it's like FOOTBALL SEASON at the Waters' coop. [​IMG]

The like beer (Wont give em any. carbonation is bad bad bad), mealworms, yogurt, cut up grapes of course.
    Brussel sprouts is a favorite as well. (raw) I planted 4 plants for them in the spring in their pen and they just love to pick the sprouts as they grow on the plants. sooo cute!
    They love apple and cinnamon oatmeal, warm of course.
    Warm milk on cold days

I thought we were not supposed to give them raisins because they were dehydrated and to hard to digest? anyone else on this? I would love to throw some to mine if it was ok. I was also told NOT to give them any citrus.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by