Whats your cold weather comfort food?

halo

Got The Blues
14 Years
Nov 22, 2007
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
Do you have a special meal that you fix when it gets really really cold, a meal that just says....yummmmmmm, warm me up. Being in Florida, I dont get many days that I need that, but the next couple of days it will be down to the 20's at night, and that calls for my special sausage gravy over biscuits and scrambled eggs. Yuuuuummmmyyyy....talk about comfort food. And theres so few days that I can fix it, it needs to be chilly outside for full affect. What do you fix on those wicked cold nights?

droolin.gif
A hot bowl of bread pudding....

Just had it - cocoa & little marshmallows, and a slice of peanut butter toast on wheatbread (well buttered so the PB is less sticky).

Grandma used to fix it for us kids either after we went sledding and almost froze or when grandpa used to make us ride in the back of the truck during hunting season (and we did freeze).

Quote:
Oh, and that reminds me of grandpa giving us kids a shot of peach schnapps to warm us up. Hahahaha!

(this was back in the '70's)

lau.gif
go grandpa! We only got brandy when sick
sickbyc.gif
when we were teens we got tiny little glasses of wine with dinner. We felt so COOL and grown up!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom