what's your dream country and dream house like?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sultan obsessed, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Sultan obsessed

Sultan obsessed Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2012
    Mine would be in Australia on a farm with heaps of animals like; chickens (of course), alpacas, cows, goats, sheep, dogs and horses. My house wouldn't need to be to fancy seeing as I'll probably be outside all day, I would just need a kitchen, a lounge room, a toilet and a bedroom.I would have a fire place for winter in the lounge room as well, so that when I have my mate over we have somewhere to sit and chat.

[​IMG]

2. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    That sounds very nice.

Mine would be in the Appalachian mountains, with many acres, and rare/unusual/heritage breeds of animals such as more old line Arabian horses, Shiloh Shepherds, Savannah cats, more Russian Orloff chickens, Cracker cattle, Kune Kune pigs, as well as sheep, goats, donkeys, ducks, geese, guineas, and rabbits.

I would have a stone house, with an atrium for the entire second floor, the kind with the glass ceilings so I could sit up there and watch the storms roll in over the mountains, and a natural swimming pool, near the house, and big creeks, orchards, mature hardwoods and cedars, nut trees, vineyards and forest gardens.

ahh... that would be paradise

3. Sultan obsessed

Sultan obsessed Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2012
    Wow.... I think that that's an amazing house maybe I prefer yours over mine!

4. gmendoza

gmendoza Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    Mine would be on top of a mountain. It would be like the owen lars house from star wars with a few modifications.also it would inset into the mountain with an entrance at the base to drive up the mountain on the inside. and a helo pad on the top,guess I need a helicoptor pilots licence.the top wall would be like King herods mountain. I will design it as well.

5. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    I think I'll borrow that [​IMG].

Plus, I'd want a completely off-the-grid solar power system, a greenhouse, and a spring house over a very cold water stream. Also I'd like a large, multi-purpose coop with very large, secure runs attached.

I'd want a variety of animals, including ducks, geese and chickens, a Great Pyrenees for guarding the flock, an Irish wolfhound, a few standard poodles, perhaps a miniature cow or two (Jersey and Devon.)

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Like this:

Big house

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My own tractor

[​IMG]

Beautiful weeds[​IMG]

Big pastures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Natural Artwork

[​IMG]

Lots of natural wild flowers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Friendly chickens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Serious guard dog

[​IMG]

Silly pet birds

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nosey turtle

[​IMG]

Beautiful moon

[​IMG]

Happy horses

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mushrooms
    Some strange ones

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few normal ones

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blue skies

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Beautiful sunrise

[​IMG]

Dramatic sunsets

[​IMG]

7. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    I would want a 15-30 acre farm in the Tennessee/ North Carolina area. The house would about 3/4 mile off the main road separated by an electronic gate and would be a log home in the woods with a floor to ceiling window overlooking a pond and stream. I would have a barn that housed a couple pet Nigerian dwarf goats and 3-4 miniature cattle, a jersey for milk and Angus/Holsteins for meat. One of the stalls would house a trio of peacocks, and they would have a flight pen attached to their door. I would have a 4 stall mini barn that would house my chickens. One stall would hold my layers, one my meat, one would be a grow out pen, and the other would be for a breeding pen and/or a bantam/rare breed pen. They would have their own runs, but this area would also be connected to the goat/cow pastures so they can free-range when I'm around. I would have a small orchard with mature trees, and a greenhouse surrounded by a fenced in garden, hopefully all organic or a natural as possible.

I would adopt a couple feral barn cats, and own a few indoor cats and build them an outdoor enclosure attached to the basement window. I would have 1-2 indoor dogs, along with a LGD outside. On the same driveway, but along the road, I would have a small kennel operation. It would most likely be 30-40 indoor/outdoor kennels with a couple fancy kennels, a groomer and a group play area and a cattery. I would try to help a rescue that relies on kennels and fosters to house their dogs. Most likely, I would take in 5-10 of that breed rescue (for a reduced price), which puts me down to 20-30 full priced kennels. I would have an apartment above the operations where I would give someone free rent along with a reduced paycheck for them to take care of the kennel. I would also hire 2-3 more people to help during the busy season. I would work at the kennel, make soap and cheese, sell eggs and meat, sell some fruit and veggies. Hopefully this would allow me to not have to get a "real job".

Can you tell I think about this a lot?

AHHH! Just realized this is my 1,000 post

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  8. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    I have diagrams. o_O. It preoccupies most of my time...even when I'm physically doing non dreaming about farm stuff.

English lops feature heavily. Don't really care about the house, but do want a studio to work in. Love reading about other's dreams.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  9. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Wow. All of a sudden my own idea of a dream home seems a lot less impressive; I could practically see what you described in that post. That was beautiful.

My dream home would also be in the Appalachians; nothing large, just a decent-sized log house on 50 or so acres. I'd want either a lake or a pond on the property, preferably a lake, with LOTS of fish. I'd also really like a river or a couple of large creeks. Immediately around the house would be mostly open space, with a big coop and run for chickens, a really big orchard and a large garden near the house. There'd be a well for water, solar panels on the roof, and a good old log-fed fireplace. Farther from the house would be woods with multiple trails through them, leading to the lake and to various spots for hunting.

I almost hate things like this, because now I can almost hear the sound of the lake water lapping at the shore, the wind in the pines, I can almost smell the fresh mountain air... almost, but not quite.

10. Maggiesdad

Maggiesdad Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2011
    Central Virginia
    My dream home... filled with the laughter and love of my beautiful family, and those silly roosters crowing their heads off in the backyard.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by