What's your dream/top wish?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Nicole01, May 20, 2012.

1. Nicole01

Nicole01 Crowing

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Mine is to live on a farm with 20 or more acres. I'd love a barn to convert into a chicken coop. I've found a few around my area, but my husband is not sold on the idea.

I'd be happy living in a house in the middle of 20 acres of trees with a chicken coop as well.

House size is not an issue. It's the land I'm interested in. Right now we only have 4 acres, 3/4th of it is wooded. It's nice, but I'm a farm girl at heart. Chickens will always be a part of my life as long as I'm able to care for them.

What's your dream/wish?

2. missinmee11

missinmee11 In the Brooder

Mar 16, 2012
    Nampa, Idaho
    Ah.. This is one of those 'One mans treasure..." situations for me. Your 4 acres would fit my dreams just fine. I happen to live in apartment/townhome. Yes, I'm keeping some chickens too.

3. cupman

cupman Songster

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Well maybe not my top dream but something I'd like to do is get a few ostriches and raise them up to slaughter. My neighbor is an elderly lady who used to raise cows in her pasture.. she is now in assisted living and probably will never return to her home. I've been thinking about asking to rent her land from her. But truth be told I don't know how difficult it is to raise ostriches or if a cow pasture would even be sufficient to keep them in. I probably won't do it but I've always kind of thought about it.

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  4. Nicole01

Nicole01 Crowing

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    I see others raising their hens in apartments.  I would too if we ever ended up losing our house for any reason.  I could never give up raising chickens. :D

I always thought ostriches were a pretty feisty and mean bird.  Maybe raising them from hatchlings are different.  That'd be pretty cool. 

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    My Dream?

A farm with:

Beautiful Sunrises
    [​IMG]

A happy dog
    [​IMG]

Beautiful skies
    [​IMG]

Spoiled, friendly chickens
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Flowers galore

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tractors to play with

[​IMG]

Fat horses
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Grassy pastures
    [​IMG]

Friendly parrots[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A biiiiigggggg front yard

[​IMG]

A chicken fortress
    [​IMG]

A red barn
    [​IMG]

Spoiled chickens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And stunning sunsets
    [​IMG]

And a crazy husband to help me

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. cupman

cupman Songster

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Nice pictures, looks like you are well on the way to your dream. You must have a really nice camera. I hate mine.

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I use a Kodak Easy Share, Canon Elph, and finally worked my way up to a Nikon D5100.

Have a dream and make it happen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: