What's your experience from ordering online

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by PearlTheDuck, Oct 21, 2016.

1. PearlTheDuck

PearlTheDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2016
    Texas
    Hello all, this upcoming spring or earlier I'm wanting to get ducks, like 5-7 more ducks, I have one at the moment, the breeds I would like I can't exactly get at my local feed stores, but I'm unsure about ordering online, i don't want dead ducks in the mail, I only want hens, no Drakes, just all together it makes me nervous. What is your experience and what hatchery do you recommend?

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Seeing as you are in Texas, I'd recommend Ideal Poultry which is also in the Lone Star State. There may be others hatcheries there as well but I have dealt with Ideal and have been very pleased. It's been my experience that waterfowl is a little more fragile through the mail than are baby chickens. I've come to accept and even expect some loss when I order goslings or ducklings and I order accordingly. So, I think as little time spent enroute the better, hence Ideal or another TX outfit. Good luck to you!

1 person likes this.
  3. BantamBonzo

BantamBonzo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2016
    Brunswick GA

I ordered my silkies from them and couldn't be happier. I did get a giggle over the packing of a bunch of roos for heat.

4. PearlTheDuck

PearlTheDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2016
    Texas

I will for sure order from them. Thanks [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by