whats your farovite everyday cookie recipe?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by ams3651, Apr 12, 2008.

1. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    I have the usual stuff on hand, oatmeal, peanutbutter, mineature m&ms. Do you have a simple everyday recipe? Told SO I would make them from scratch this time instead of taking them off the cardboard and placing them on the baking sheet which I do say I baked, because I did. [​IMG]

2. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Basic cookie dough:

2 1/2 c flour
    1 t baking soda
    1/2 t salt
    1 c butter (2 sticks)
    3/4 c sugar
    3/4 c brown sugar
    1 1/2 t vanilla
    2 eggs
    +
    2 cups of whatever you want: Chocolate chips, m&m's, choc chunx, white chocolate...
    +
    3/4 c nuts (optional)

Mix and drop by heaping tablespoonfuls on ungreased sheet

350 F for 10-15 min

I've also got great recipes for chocolate cookies w/ PB chips or choc chip oatmeal cookies, granola bars, choc chip cookies with pudding in the batter...

3. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Snickerdoodles. Will have to look up recipe and post later. The only "unusual" thing I need to have on hand for those is cream of tartar. Those are what I make when I want cookies and don't have the bells and whistles on hand. DH likes oatmeal cookies so those would be my second choice.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  4. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Definitely oatmeal!!!! They are my favorite and you can even claim the are good for you!!!! LOL My husband makes me put chocolate chips in them but I leave some plain for me!!!

5. ams3651

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    Quote:He likes chocolate and peanut butter, I was thinking oatmeal peanut butter and the mini m&ms

6. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    Paula Deen's Peanut Butter Cookies. So very simple, so very delicious!!
    1 Cup Peanut Butter
    1 Cup Sugar
    1 Egg
    1 t. Vanilla
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheet. Combine peanut butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Roll dough into balls. Put on cookie sheet. With a fork, make criss cross design on tops and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for about 12 minutes.

**I made a batch of these and my DH took them to work. A guy there asked for a batch for himself so I made them and he paid me $10.00 for them!!! Guess he really liked them too!!!

7. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    He likes chocolate and peanut butter, I was thinking oatmeal peanut butter and the mini m&ms

Yummmmmmm.......peanut butter ANYTHING is tooooooo good. You are making me want to bake cookies now!!!!​

8. tat2edlady

tat2edlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Chickaroo! :

1 Cup Peanut Butter
    1 Cup Sugar
    1 Egg
    1 t. Vanilla
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheet. Combine peanut butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Roll dough into balls. Put on cookie sheet. With a fork, make criss cross design on tops and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for about 12 minutes.

**I made a batch of these and my DH took them to work. A guy there asked for a batch for himself so I made them and he paid me $10.00 for them!!! Guess he really liked them too!!!

OMG those are the best cookies I have eaten in a long time. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thank you for posting them.

Mindy​

9. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Chickaroo! :

1 Cup Peanut Butter
    1 Cup Sugar
    1 Egg
    1 t. Vanilla

No flour??​

10. ams3651

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    Im gonna try these, we both like peanut butter. Maybe mix some mini m&ms in.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by