What's your favorite Australian spotted duck

Minnesotahobby

Chirping
Dec 18, 2016
Hey all, we have the opportunity to get a nice show pair of Australian spotted ducks and are as of now going with the silver head pair. In your experience, what's you're favorite version of this duck? We decided to go with the silverheads to add more variety to our flock since ether blue heads and green heads more closely resemble our silver Appleyards. We also really like the lighter tone the silverheads have. I almost went with the blue heads since they can breed all three varieties but with getting a true show pair, we wanted to go with the silverheads. Please share pics of your Australian spotted ducks and please share your experiences and what your favorite variety it. I'm super close to just buying a pair of blue heads too but the flock is already getting bigger then planned haha Thanks guys!

Ya the silverheads are amazing, I wasn't too big on the blueheads since their heads almost just look black but the green heads looked amazing too but like I said the green heads more closely resemble a silver Appleyard so wanted a better variety. I really wish I could just afford all 3 types haha

Interesting.....I have Blue head Australian spotted Ducks that came to me as a rescue...Were brought to me sight unseen but we're called Call Ducks before they arrived...I received 7 Ducklings and only kept back a breeding pair...
I actually thought they were mini Appleyard bantams...The Blue headed I thought were a cross....
Thanks for starting this thread....I finally know what my Ducks are....

Back
Top Bottom