Whats YOUR favorite breed of hens or rooster or both:)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by happyhens44, Dec 31, 2010.

1. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    My favorite breed of hens it my ( well I dont know what she is but she has a really strong personality)

and for my rooster is A barred rock, but thats because I have only had one rooster and its my Barred rock

Whats yours [​IMG]

2. Muscovies

Muscovies Chillin' With My Peeps

Games are my favorite

3. Alycia

Alycia Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2008
    Phoenix! The hens are stunning and the roosters, the tail, need I say more? [​IMG]

Followed by the Russian Orloff [​IMG] They are so handsome and those poofy cheeks are irresistible. For both hens and roosters.

4. poultrycrazy

poultrycrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    :)
    Silkies, cochins,polish, EE, MF duccle OEGB's ext, ext.

5. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Old english game bantams and seramas are my two top favorite breeds overall. [​IMG] There are a ton of wonderful breeds out there, though, and I love mutts, too.

6. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Faverolles!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. phasianidae

phasianidae Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    EEs, Buckeyes( I think, I really want some!)Silkies, mutts

8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    My favorite roosters are Ameraucanas. (real ones, not Easter Eggers) They are VERY docile, sweet, friendly, good with hens, very beautiful and with a balanced body, will always throw neat colored eggs in the offspring no matter what you cross them to, and I've never met a bad or mean one before.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My favorite hens are Tolbunt colored Polish. Nothing like the sheer beauty, colorful gaudiness, and graceful appearance of the rare Tolbunt colored Polish, especially when properly patterned and in female form. Also, Polish in general are very laid-back, quiet, and friendly. People say they're stupid only because they don't consider the blindness from lack of care for the crest that is often in the way.

(NOT my birds)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Pyncheon guy

Pyncheon guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2010
    NW Michigan
    Pyncheons are my favorite breed....an old American breed with some literary history by way of "Nathaniel Hawthorne"....in the "House of Seven Gables".. Not only are they beautiful...but they are great mothers and lay often and a pretty nice size egg for a Bantam.[​IMG]

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I think Tolbunt Polish are beautiful, but can never understand why someone would breed them in the frizzled form.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by