What's your favorite chore?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 1stepcloser, Oct 11, 2009.

1. 1stepcloser

1stepcloser Poultry In Motion

Sep 16, 2009
    Dover, TN
    I won't lie...I mostly hate housework. But something about hanging laundry outside to dry just speaks to my soul. LMAO! I absolutely love doing it. Don't enjoy washing...seriously don't enjoy putting it away but I could hang all day long!

What "chore" makes you happy?

2. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    going to sleep [​IMG]

3. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    I don't know if there is any chore that actually makes me "happy", but I really don't mind tending the animals.

4. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Cooking. I love cooking for my family. There are days I am just too tired and crabby and I really don't want to make my way into the kitchen. But once I get up and get in there I love it! It's so relaxing to me. I abosolutely HATE laundry. Maybe that's just because there is so dang much of it with 5 kids.

5. KittyKelly

KittyKelly Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Central KY
    Believe it or not I LOVE to vaccuum....Seeing the dirt and dog hair being sucked up is very satisfying.

6. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I love to cook. My wife'd kill me if she was reading over my shoulder as usual, but I'll tell ya anyways.... the kids beg me to cook rather than her. It isn't that she's a bad cook, but it turns out sort of bland. I can add pizzaz without burning a hole in their stomachs and teach the kiddos how to whip something up without a recipe.

7. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    Quote:I agree with Roo Mom. I like critter based chores.

I dont mind cooking if Im not too tired. I get excited about making something yummy.

(My DH didnt realize that cooking was a chore until he started having to do it after 3 years.....Making fish sticks and Mac'n'cheese with canned veggies was so hard he started appreciating the time I took to make "real" food.) [​IMG]

8. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    "favorite chore" Isn't that an oxymoron? Mutually exclusive? [​IMG]

9. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    Quote:I think that its so great how men can do that.
    I had a roommate way back that could make a somewhat recognizable meal out of ANYTHING.

My sister can do it too. She makes gourmet meals with stuff McGyver couldnt get out of a room with.

Me..I google Rachel Ray 30 min meals or KraftFoods.com if I want REALLY easy!

10. wombat

wombat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2009
    Quote:I think that its so great how men can do that.
    I had a roommate way back that could make a somewhat recognizable meal out of ANYTHING.

My sister can do it too. She makes gourmet meals with stuff McGyver couldnt get out of a room with.

Me..I google Rachel Ray 30 min meals or KraftFoods.com if I want REALLY easy!

The best cooking is taking a look at what you have, or what's on sale, or what needs to get used up, and turning it into a great meal.

Cooking is definately my favorite chore, but it's really more of a hobby. With two kids, it's just not an optional hobby.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by