What's your favorite Crock-Pot dish?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Chicky Joy, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Chicky Joy

Chicky Joy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    I'm curious...and also fishing for ideas for dinner [​IMG]

Personally, I like sweet and sour chicken, bbq meatballs, and potato soup in the crock-pot.

2. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    Out of all the yummy things we cook in the slow cooker, I like our pot roast the best. We brown it, then deglaze the skillet we browned it in with some sliced onions, followed by beef or chicken broth or consomme to make sure we get all the browned bits, then all goes into the cooker with an envelope of onion soup mix and plenty of garlic. Easy! Chuck roast is the best cut for it.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  3. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Boston butt in the crock pot overnight...makes a great pulled pork barbeque...as long as you make Lexington style bbq sauce to go with it, lol. I make that when we are needing a fix of Lexington BBQ.. cause you certainly can't get it up this way.

4. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Venison stew...yummy! We roast the venison (sometimes use it as a pot roast the first night) then pull all the meat apart, put it back in the broth, and add potatoes and carrots, or whatever veggies we have sitting around. [​IMG]

5. FractalFarmer

FractalFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    SF Bay area CA
    I like making chili. I use the dried bean ('cause I'm so cheap!), so you have to soak them overnight. I usually have leftover mystery meat to dump in too. We're working our way through all of the tomatoes we froze from summer, so the cost for this is next to nothing.

6. plreef

plreef Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Eastern CT
    My wife's Venison stew. Made with the tenderloin.

7. erthymom2

erthymom2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Meatball stew

Beef Stew

BBQ Pulled Pork

Cabbage rools & Saurecraut

Applesauce w/raisins

8. onebuggirl

onebuggirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2008
    Stuffing from all the heels of our homemade bread is good. I love to make my pumpkin butter and apple butter in the crockpot. I make ham and split pea soup too.

9. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Chicken stew and/or chicken soup!

WHoever invented the dern slow cooker needs to be sainted or knighted! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by