Whats your favorite "eggy" snack recipes?

B-Goock

Crowing
8 Years
Jun 8, 2013
Somerset, Kentucky
Everyone loves deviled eggs but for a quick easy ill just hardboiled eggs and buy a dill mustard.

Cut them in half and squeeze some on top. Almost like a deviled egg. Great work snack thats self contained. I've always got a couple hardboiled eggs rolling around in my lunch box. Haha

Another recently when I ran out of mustard is that sweet Sriracha from chic fil a. Its great on a hardboiled egg.

The wife always does an egg on toast. Btw they always taste better if someone else cooks them.

A quick an easy fav of mine is an egg bowl.
Scramble some eggs & cook
Bowl with some fritos or corn chips crunched up.
Whatever I have. Some salsa.
Minced garlic. Hot sauce. Black beans. Leftover bacon bits, ham, or sausage. Sprinkle with cheese or do any combination of those items. One of my boys would put BBQ sauce on it. Don't knock it until you've tried it!

Flour tortilla wrapped like a burrito. Scrambled eggs, a piece of bacon, maybe some spinach, cheese, and a squirt of BBQ. Its killer

A friend gave me a recipe for egg muffins. As I recall, it took 12 eggs, made 12 muffins, and they were delicious. Next spring when I have three hens a-laying, I'll try it again. It's buried in the recipe file now.

A friend gave me a recipe for egg muffins. As I recall, it took 12 eggs, made 12 muffins, and they were delicious. Next spring when I have three hens a-laying, I'll try it again. It's buried in the recipe file now.
She makes something like those.
Lines the muffin pan with pie dough adds scrambled egg with omlette ingredients mixed in?

Aha! Found it! (9 eggs, not a dozen. Oh well.)

Egg Muffins
9 eggs, beaten
3 T chopped spinach
2 T each of chopped onion, bell pepper, and tomato
3 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 T shredded cheese
salt, pepper, garlic powder

Combine all ingredients and pour into greased muffin tin.
Bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes.

Mmm. Now thats talking food.

My boys & I used to make eggo waffles and use those as buns for an egg & sausage sandwich. Some maple syrup on it.

I always to what the family calls Grandma's Toast... we fry an egg, just as the egg is almost done lay a slice of buttered bread over the egg in the frying pan (both sides are buttered), when the egg is done flip the bread over and cook the bread until it is brown... then Enjoy!!!

I always to what the family calls Grandma's Toast... we fry an egg, just as the egg is almost done lay a slice of buttered bread over the egg in the frying pan (both sides are buttered), when the egg is done flip the bread over and cook the bread until it is brown... then Enjoy!!!
Nice yolk gravy.

That makes me think of a couple times I've eaten steak tartar with a raw egg yolk over it with some capers and some flat bread to spread it on. Yum!

Back
Top Bottom