What's your favorite milk cow breed?

when figuring out the best option for family milk production... I chose goat. :confused: They produce milk over a longer period of months in a more manageable amount for a family, and a much easier to handle animal size. A good goat can be easily handled, cared for and milked by a 7 year old.

Know that isn't what ya asked. :confused:

I happen to like Jerseys. A Brown Swiss is a nice cow too. They are a little big but they are a calm gentle cow. One of the best milk cows I have ever had was a Brown Swiss Jersey cross. Another good cow to consider, if you can find one, is a Milking Shorthorn.

Jersey and Jersey cross Friesian are my favourite - the milk has more protein, calcium and something about the A2 protein.. I don't remember lol. Tastes better too
I have read a ton on the A2/A2 genetics, and while I'm not 100% convinced about the science behind it, I have chosen to purchase mine with the A2/A2 genetics. I decided since goats and humans have the A2 protein it makes sense that it would be more easily digestible. Hopefully more concrete scientific evidence comes out. Does the jersey/fresnian give larger quantities like the fresnian with high butterfat like the jersey?

Back
Top Bottom