I come from a large family so Christmas wasn't like it is now, presents, presents and more presents. Little was spent on gifts. My favoite memory was when my oldest sister, Sandra, came home from Florida.It was Christmas Eve (I was @ 10 yrs old) and she was crocheting snowmen puppets. She had glued eyes on them and asked my older sis Jan to take it into the front room and lay them near the wood stove to dry the glue. Well, Jan being the brain she was and is, laid the snowmen on the pipe running into the wall to the chimney-flue. 30 seconds later they started melting and caught fire! The house filled with smoke! The burning yarn smelled horrible!!The damage was only to the snowmen. But it took a while for the smoke to clear! Here we are in TN, 28 degrees with all the windows up trying to clear the smoke. We still to this day tease Jan about the melting snowmen! Of course she doesn't appreciate the teasing!