1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Whats your favriot duck breed and why?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by paws4440, Apr 23, 2016.

1. paws4440

paws4440 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2015
    The breed I like the best are muscovy because I find them very out going and they come in lots off colours

2. chickenweirdo1

chickenweirdo1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2016
    Massachusetts
    My Coop
    Runner because they look awesome.

3. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    I don't have a favorite

I like my runners because there is just no way you can look at them without smiling or laughing at the way the run about!
    I like my harlequin because she is quite and seems to know she's just not like the others, but watching her try to keep up is a hoot!
    I liked my mallard because she was a sweet pretty bird and watching her fly was cool
    I liked my buff because he was a sweet guy too and always at the beck and call of the mallard

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    I find Muscovies tend to have better personalities but I've always been a fan of bantam ducks like calls.

5. AxolotlLove

AxolotlLove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2016
    Magpies, because they are a "rare" duck and so pretty! And because I have one.... And she's the the loudest best duck in my flock. Though she's still in the brooder. She's named MoonMoon.
    [​IMG]
    But I also really like runners. Black with a white bib because they look just like skinny penguins!!!!!! I have a "penguin" named Charlotte Lucaya

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  6. ImNotChicken

ImNotChicken Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2011
    My favorite are my Welsh Harlequin because they're so friendly and personable. The runners are fun to watch and the calls are adorable.

7. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Smile Premium Member

Aug 1, 2015
    My favorite is Calls, just cause they are so tiny, round, and adorable. :love

(2nd favorite is welshies- getting some tonight. I chose them because they are the best fit for me... Fairly quiet, good layers, calm, and pretty)
    -Banti

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by