Whats your go-to Fertilizer?

MarthaTheRooster

Songster
Dec 19, 2018
Carlisle, Kentucky
I have lots of different varieties of plants in my flower bed and in pots and I was wondering if there was a fertilizer I could use for all of them? Some examples of plants I have is azaleas, lilacs, morning glories, hostas, mothers in law tongue, lavender, elephant ears, ferns, and wandering jews. I know I would have to fertilize all these at different intervals but I would like to just buy one thing of fertilizer to use on all of them if possible. What are some of your favorite brands? What should I be wary of? What are some fertilizing tips?

mothers in law tongue

Never heard of this plant. And wonder WHY anyone would voluntarily plant something with that name....maybe I'm just a bit jaded, and for the record, something I would not fertilize.

You could make it easy on yourself and just use one kind and hope for the best. You could also just use those little fertilizer sticks, sold in a blister pack at most stores. My older neighbor swears by them. Just one per plant and he and his wife do have pretty nice and healthy plants.

Examples of the fertilizer sticks:
Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 8.17.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 8.17.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 8.18.12 PM.png

Never heard of this plant. And wonder WHY anyone would voluntarily plant something with that name....maybe I'm just a bit jaded, and for the record, something I would not fertilize.

You could make it easy on yourself and just use one kind and hope for the best. You could also just use those little fertilizer sticks, sold in a blister pack at most stores. My older neighbor swears by them. Just one per plant and he and his wife do have pretty nice and healthy plants.

Examples of the fertilizer sticks:View attachment 1785857View attachment 1785858View attachment 1785859

Its a pretty common house plant, its usually called a snake plant, but there's an old wives tale that the snake like leaves represent a mother in laws tongue, hence the name. I have two of them, one being very special to me since my long distance friend gave it to me from a cutting of her plant.

I've seen the fertilizer sticks and I believe I'm going to pick some up next time I'm in a garden center and give them a try! They seem super easy!

Here's what they look like:

Its a pretty common house plant, its usually called a snake plant, but there's an old wives tale that the snake like leaves represent a mother in laws tongue, hence the name. I have two of them, one being very special to me since my long distance friend gave it to me from a cutting of her plant.

I've seen the fertilizer sticks and I believe I'm going to pick some up next time I'm in a garden center and give them a try! They seem super easy!

Here's what they look like:

Thanks for the clarification! I think I’ve seen this before, but never knew a name for it!

Back
Top Bottom