1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Whats YOUR Horses Name?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by accio! chickens, Dec 13, 2009.

1. accio! chickens

accio! chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    CANADA
    In light of a recent thread about our dogs names, I thought it would be interesting to hear all the horse owners, horses names! Post a photo with your names and it should be lots of fun!

I have Mylie

[​IMG]

and Luna

[​IMG]

Post away all you horse ownin' BYCers!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    We caught our horse as a wild colt off the desert when I was a kid. We named him Desert. ... big stallion that only one of my brothers was able to break well enough to ride... and he was constantly breaking down fences and running away.

3. accio! chickens

accio! chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    CANADA
    I've never had a fence breaker. My old gelding would walk over the fence in the winter when he was living in Saskatchewan. The snow got so high he could just step right over the fence and walk off. Once we found him 10km away in an out of season corn field.

4. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    This is Prisma Colors, Tennessee Walker, ( Pusher x Generator line)

[​IMG]

This is Buttercup, the suprise filly (mom above)

[​IMG]

Buttercup likes to push on the fence, one night she pushed the fence down, Prisma followed her out, they ran around the neighborhood, into someone's yard, he called the cops (being a nice man), and a cop was ringing my doorbell at 3 am! Now I have electric fence.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  5. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sherman Tank is this guys name.......a team ropin horse ......belongs to my DH.....now he is retired since DH is disabled and he just plays and eats and eats and eats........my grands love him though

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

I had two Icelandic Horses for twelve years, the last phase of their forty year lifespan and have not scanned my pictures of them. One was Shadow (Moalingur) and the other was Blackie (Blakkur). Blackie was born in BC, number 152 in the Canadian Icelandic Horse Federation book and Shadow was born and emigrated from Iceland to BC. I loved those two boys and they were awesome with my children. Rest in Peace and beautiful meadows til we meet again, my beautiful boys...I have not been able to bring myself to ride another horse since my two passed on.

I did meet another Icelandic Mare in Fairbanks, all white, during a class (Veterinarian Assistant) and waited til I was last in line, we all took the lead rope and lead her around the indoor arena, I waited and waited, because I knew at some point she would "blow" and give the "happy noise" but she didn't...not until I took her lead rope and then I broke down, crying, and I know humans are not supposed to be emotional around horses, but she still behaved and kept giving the happy noise:) Tears me up to remember... Thank YOu, dear Misty:)

7. catfish/okie

catfish/okie Chillin' With My Peeps

If I ever get a Horse I would call it Commanche. Because The commanche were the best horse riders ever.

8. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    Hmmm... I bet that was a surprise when she popped out with those ears! [​IMG] Is she gaited like her momma? We had a molly mule who was spotted - appaloosa style, but a lot more extreme. Very cute!

I won't post pics of everybody (too many [​IMG])

Here goes...
    Cody (AQHA & Very first horse!) & Travis (registered Belgian... Hence my screen name)
    [​IMG]

Smoky (AQHA/IBHA & Incentive fund grulla stallion)
    [​IMG]

Rio Appy gelding
    [​IMG]

Reeno: Appy stallion, registered 5 different ways [​IMG] I didn't even know that was possible until I bought him!!
    [​IMG]

Val - Champagne AQHA mare, registered as Dun & her cutie pie colt from may of '09, sired by Smoky!
    [​IMG]

Jo - APHA buckskin mare with a BIG attitude [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'd love to post more pics, but it's becoming quite long... So
    Stephie (TB mare)
    Mustang (TB mare)
    Red (TB filly)
    PK (TB gelding)
    NoName (TB gleding)
    Cinnamon (mini)
    Rocket Appy mini stallion
    Krakatoa blue roan appy mini
    Emmie buckskin mini mare
    Mini Jake Obviously a mini [​IMG]
    Donkey mini donkey
    Detour Mini donkey
    Classy Smokey Cream breeding stock APHA filly
    [​IMG]

And of course Ellis, Val & Smoky's dun colt from May '09 (yes, he does rough house... a lot!!)
    [​IMG]

9. Bare bottom farm

Bare bottom farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2009
    White Pine
    [​IMG] My little mini's name is Brother...
    [​IMG]

10. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Belgian, you certainly have alot of horses. Very nice.
    I don't know if Buttercup is gaited. She's not broke and I haven't seen her gait.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by