What's your Least Fav?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hollymh, May 1, 2009.

1. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    What chore do you despise, mine would be dishes, I do it the old way w/ my hands no fancy equipment here... Sadly where I am it's the norm to not have a dishwasher other than the good ol' fashioned kind. Whenever we have guest hubby has to do dishes, I just can’t stand touching stuff someone other than my family had in their mouth… EWWWW!!! What chore do you hate most?

2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    That would be Dusting and sweeping. I have allergies and it literally makes me sick.

3. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Quote:You poor thing you are like my mom, she can't get out of bed w/o taking a allergy med. I recently moved into a new house and we have all marble floors and I have teak, cherry and rattan dark woods as my furniture and every little tiny speck of dust shows, I'm OCD when it comes to having a clean house so I'm about ready to dump this house lol I clean the floors and furniture two and three times a day!!! GRRR!

4. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    I HATE, HATE, HATE cleaning out the garage or working on our boat. Both are jobs where DH gets to be the foreman and he just hollers around like Fred Flinstone. Hate that! [​IMG]

5. ShadyGlade

ShadyGlade Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm afraid that I despise almost any indoor housework type chore. I'd rather clean a brooder or a stall than my house. [​IMG]

6. fowltemptress

fowltemptress Frugal Fan Club President

Jan 20, 2008
    Vacuuming, sweeping, mopping . . . any floor stuff like that. I'm walking in and out all the time, as is my SO, the dogs, and occasionally my chickens get curious and wander in, so there seems to be a perpetual layer of dirt spread all over the floors. Every time I clean them it feels like an exercise in futility.

One day I'm sure I'll go crazy, have the roof of our house knocked off, and just allow the dirt to accumulate until there's enough to plant a whimsical and weird indoor garden.

7. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Quote:That is exactly how I feel as well.

8. fowltemptress

fowltemptress Frugal Fan Club President

Jan 20, 2008
    Quote:Oh, I know! It takes me forever to do indoor chores because they are just so dull I can't describe it. I'm always stopping in the middle of them to see if anything at all needs to be done outside. You would not believe how many people can't understand how sweeping a coop is different from sweeping the kitchen, but it certainly is.

9. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    i'm pretty comfortable with all the chores i'm given. but i'm not a big fan of shampooing the carpet. UGH! it takes so LONG!

10. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Dusting! I absolutely despise it! It is such a time consuming chore. I like to get in and get the job done. Dusting takes forever and it just comes right back. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by