Whats your opinion on this? (good price?)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by havi, Feb 13, 2009.

1. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    A lady on my local CL is selling a 10x12 chain link dog kennel. Shes asking $100 and says everythings fine with it. No holes or anything. So I want your opinions, do you think this is a good price?

[​IMG]

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    From what I can see of it in the pics, and what she is telling you, yes. [​IMG]

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

That's about what I've paid for some of mine.....I'd say grab it!!

4. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    At Lowes, new 10x10x6 kennels are around $250.00. Sounds like a good price to me!! [​IMG]

5. havi

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Okay thanks everyone. I just emailed her, and [​IMG] that she still has it.

6. havi

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Okay I am going to pick it up tomorrow. Next question...how to fit it in my truck? I have a chevrolet silverado 1500 truck. When I load a 4x8 plywood in the back, the 4ft lays down flat in the bottom, but the 8 ft part hangs over(w/tailgate up) about...12 inches or so. Now how the heck is this going to fit? [​IMG]

7. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    It wont fit down in the bed, you can take you a couple of old blankets to cover the side of your truck bed, and you will have to let one side of the panels lay up on the side of your bed. And take something to tie them down with. [​IMG]

8. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    I would snap those up so fast it'd make your head spin--glad you're getting them! Just stack them like bsaffles said, as securely as possible. They should be fairly stable.

9. havi

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    She originally had it posted for $125 but has come down to $80. She said she needs the money real bad and no one else has emailed her about it. So Im killing two birds with one stone! She needs the money and Im needing a pen for my chickens and the less I spend on the pen means more spending on other things. Such as more chickens!! <insert evil laugh here>

I didnt even think of bringing something for padding. Thanks!! I was planning on taking lots of bungy cord and trying to tie it down really well.

10. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Wish I could find something like that here.

That would make a great breeding pen. I'll I'd have to do is put on a roof over part of it, add some roosts and nest boxes and voila!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by