What's your opinion?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by emsevers, Jan 31, 2009.

1. emsevers

emsevers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2008
    Carlton, OR
    I just wanted to know what you all think about this situation. I ordered a dozen golden laced wyandotte eggs from someone on eggbid. I asked that they send them out on a Monday and they agreed to that. I didn't want them to sit in the mail any longer than they had to. So they ended up shipping them out Tuesday evening. This was all before the holiday weekend too. So didn't receive my eggs until the Wednesday of the next week.

So I've had them in the incubator now for 10 days along with a couple other orders I had and not one of the 11 developed (I had one explode on day 6). I couldn't believe that I didn't even get one. My husband and I opened every single egg and there wasn't so much as a blood ring or any sign of fertility. I am extremely disappointed. I just don't know if I have the right to be. I know that bad stuff can happen when you get shipped eggs but their packaging was perfect. There was no damage to the eggs whatsoever. So what do you all think?

2. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    i would contact the person and let them know that none made it to hatch and that they were clears, if they are any type person that you would want to do biss with in the furture them will make good on them if you pay for shipping, that would be fair to me

3. Delta2 23

Delta2 23 Flock Master

Sep 4, 2008
    I agree. you should contact the person you got them from- they might have got something mixed up. And you have every right to be disappointed, I would be. It's a shame none of those eggs hatched.

4. emsevers

emsevers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2008
    Carlton, OR
    The seller just got back in contact with me. He offered to send me some chicks to replace the eggs and he refunded my money. I was so shocked. I totally didn't expect this but I am soooooo happy!! [​IMG]

5. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    That's great news! Don't you love when it all works out?[​IMG] Good luck with the chicks.

Paula

6. Delta2 23

Delta2 23 Flock Master

Sep 4, 2008
    Great! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    [​IMG]

8. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    i love it when things work out like they should. [​IMG]

9. HappyHatch'en

HappyHatch'en Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    GEORGIA
    I love a happy ending.......glad to see there are people that aren't GREEDY..............good luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by