what's your sport/hobby?

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by 77horses, Nov 10, 2008.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    for example, i do cross country, track and field, and horseback riding for sports(oh ya and I raise chickens with my dad lol of course!) [​IMG] and for hobbies, I like to sketch, write stories, read, and more. You can include pictures, too! [​IMG]

Picture example: Here's picture that I sketched, and sketching is one of my hobbies:

[​IMG]

Ready? Set! GOO!

2. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    That's beautiful!!!! You are a very good artist!!!

I like to make and sell candles. I also raise button quails, jumbo coturnix quails, and chickens. Here's one of my favorite candles:

[​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I love spending time in the mountain preserve hiking and jogging.

4. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I play a lot of video games and read (a lot!!). Reading is probably my favorite sport; it's exercise for the mind. However, I do play a lot of active video games like Dance Dance Revolution and a variety of other very weird Japanese-only music games. I also walk, run and bike. In high school, I ran cross country, was on the dance team, and was in track and field.

In the summer, I love to go camping. Michigan state park campgrounds are the BEST.

5. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    Quote:You came back!!! I'm so glad - I heard you had left but glad you reconsidered!!

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I read A LOT, but my real passion is photography. It has been since I was a child. I should have tried to do it for a living, but other things got in the way, so now it is my hobby. Not to sound conceited, but I truly have a gift and even using a disposable camera, the pics come out awesome.

7. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I do lots of knitting, sewing etc. I used to ride a horse till she threw me off. [​IMG] and I couldn't walk for a couple of weeks. (i'm too old for that and have a family to take care of, I can't be helpless like that)

I used to also ride motorbikes in the desert (CA) but we moved. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  8. Pullet Pimp

Pullet Pimp Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    Ohio
    My hobbies....

1. planning building and all things construction
    2. gardening
    3. N scale model train building (kinda goes with #1)
    4. genealogy
    5. camping and ATV riding
    6. cub scout den leader

I'm sure there are more but these are what currently occupy my time but not in that order.

9. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Got Mutts

May 3, 2008
    Milan PA
    I like drawing with any kind of medium, except evil charcoal its so messy! I aslo like photography. Here is a site with some of my drawings/photographs http://gazetteanchickenlovr.deviantart.com/ and there are more pics in my scraps.
    I like gardening
    animals and of course chickens I want more!! and some ducks!
    working out-but I have not done much of that because of school.
    listening to music-is that really a hobby?
    bird watching
    figuring out ways to help the environment and be more self sufficient

10. too much fun

too much fun Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Happy Valley, Utah
    I write and share cowboy poetry at any kind of gathering, http://www.cowboypoetry.com/valcarter.htm and the rest of my spare time (other than with the chickens) I spend driving my team of draft horses.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by