Wheat bran

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by sammy56, Oct 1, 2015.

1. sammy56

sammy56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2014
    Will where I live I only have what bran for chicken feed I give them wheat bran mixed with water but they don't eat it can u plz tell me what can I add in wheat bran so they will eat it plz plz plz help

2. sammy56

Oct 22, 2014
    Sorry I mean wheat bran

3. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Where do you live?

4. EmiliaJosefina

EmiliaJosefina New Egg

Aug 19, 2015
    Paraguay
    I live in a place where chicken feed is available, but not commonly used. If you can free range your chickens, they'll probably do fine of what they can fine supplemented with cracked corn and kitchen scraps.

Do you have access to corn and soy or some other legume? If so, I have some homemade feed recipes I could post.

5. sammy56

Oct 22, 2014
    No we don't have corn here we have rice wheat bread that all I feed my chickens

6. EmiliaJosefina

EmiliaJosefina New Egg

Aug 19, 2015
    Paraguay
    Are you sure there's no corn? If not, maybe try rice. Neither is particularly healthy, but they add calories.

Do you let them out to eat grass and bugs during the day? If so, they'll be just fine. Try not to feed to much rice or wheat though. They won't stop when they're full and they'll get fat, which might affect egg laying.

7. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

If you tell us what country you are in we may be able to tell you what you could choose to feed your chickens.

8. sammy56

Oct 22, 2014
    My country is bangladesh in asia

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by