1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wheaten Ameraucana cockerel wanted

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by cthrash1, Jan 7, 2011.

1. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Not Blue Wheaten. Not mix(EE). I want a pure wheaten for a reason. Am wanting to replace my Wellie roo(being he is the only Wellie in the whole flock) but the newbie has to be the same color. So with a wheaten Am roo over my girls, that will give me Ams, EE, & olive eggers as the offspring. I have a Blue Am, 2 EEs, 2BCMs, 2 white egg layers, one cream egg layer, and the rest lay tan eggs. Offspring will make a pretty bunch of eggs.

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    wish you were closer. I don't ship...

3. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Darn wish you did ship! My Am came from Washington state. She was here in two days and was
    Fit to be tied when I let her out.

4. BeardedLadyFarm

BeardedLadyFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    I have a clean faced Wheaten cockerel looking from a home. He was a fluke from otherwise great stock. He's free for cost of shipping, or I do have family in KY, and will likely be down in the spring. He was hatched in early September. He should retain the blue egg genes just fine, he's just missing his beard.

I may have a bearded one for sale also. Send me a PM and we can discuss!

5. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    I have one from Jean that is 9 months old..planned to keep him to back up my blue wheaten but I will sell him.I don't have any good close pics of him but he's the wheaten roo in this picture he even has a head with rest of that body and full beard but he's hen pecked already and someone plucked it a little.Great attitude as well. I don't ship but your not a bad drive for a good roo [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by