1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Wheaten and Black Rosecomb combo pack **2 Dozen Eggs**

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Msbear, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Im finally done hatching and the birds are still putting out eggs. There are 4 blacks laying in with 1 roo and 2 wheaten girls in with 2 wheaten boys. I also have a blue wheaten and a splash wheaten (splash wheaten will give you 100% blue wheatens when bred to wheaten) and I think they have just started up. There is also 1 black in with the wheatens. Those chicks will hatch black with brown heads and should be put back to wheaten to help improve head quality. Below you can see the difference in the two lines

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The wheatens are quite rare and I only know of 2 other breeders in the country. Im sure there are more but, I've been looking for a couple years through the rosecomb federation and was able to track down 2.

My blacks have consistently been giving me nice birds and I feel there is a good chance of hatching a show quality bird from them. Here's a couple hens and my roo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The wheatens have fantastic type but do need a little work on the heads. Here's some pics

[​IMG]

you can see the splashed wheaten girl to the left

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wrap each egg in bubble wrap but leave the bottoms open to allow air circulation to the air cells. I packed tightly in cartons then place breathable newspaper or paper towels over the eggs and wrap tape around the cartons to close them securely. I then package the cartons in boxes snugly with more bubble wrap or styrofoal cushion. I make the best efforts to assure you get the best hatches possible.

2. hcammack

hcammack Crowing

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    You know I wish I could [​IMG] leave tomorrow for college though so its not happening

3. bacres

bacres Songster

Mar 13, 2010
    East Pennsylvania
    Want to but Im not good at hatching.

4. Barred Rocks forever

Barred Rocks forever Songster

Aug 9, 2009
    maryland
    why did u say the location is MD if u live in WV ? just curious cuz im in MD and if your close enough would consider grabing some hatching eggs for my broodys

5. Soaring Chicks

Soaring Chicks Soaring Hawks Farm

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    Msbear very pretty, but soooooooo weird seeing maryland instead of Wv! Just cuase you moved does not change how we feel about you in WV.
    I like the Wheaton better then the blacks.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  6. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Today is my first day as a Marylander ...moving the brooders and bators today. I should be settled in by weekend.. hopefully.

I am in Sharpsburg, MD (BRF) and was in the panhandle before so... Im very cose to either PA, MD, VA and WV

I can bring eggs to Chickenstock as well.

7. Bantimna

Bantimna Songster

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Erin those are absolute gorgeous little ones!
    I've know some breeders here that could need some of your eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by