Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucana Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by cpartist, Apr 1, 2011.

1. cpartist

cpartist Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2009
    Alachua County FL
    12+ eggs. These will ship out Tuesday 4/5 upon receipt of paypal.

Shipping west of the Mississippi is 20.00. This is close to actual postage as I double box and pad extremely well.
    People are reporting back very good hatch rates on these with 80-95% going into lockdown, many shipped cross country.
    Eggs will be collected for no more than 3 days so will be very fresh. Fertilization is excellent. I have one Blue Wheaten and two Wheaten cockerels
    over 11 W/BW hens/pullets. Blue egg color is very hard to photograph accurately, this shot was in natural overcast light. Eggs range
    from blues to aquas to turquoise.
    [​IMG]
    I've been working with my Wheaties for two years and am on my third generation with them. I've concentrated on getting
    good size and type and eliminating defects, but as with all breeds; especially one's that are still a work in progress, some
    anomalies may occur. All the chicks I've hatched have been bearded/muffed. I've made some progress on getting better
    tail color in the females and less hackle striping in the males, but that has been secondary to breeding for conformation thus far.

Here are some of my flock:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Shipping and hatch not guaranteed, but I will do my best to ensure you have a good hatch!

2. genuck

genuck Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2010
    hyndman
    Beautiful birds!

3. ChestnutRidge

ChestnutRidge Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Western Virginia
    These birds are beautiful! I have been drooling over them for weeks. [​IMG] Will you be offering them again in late April / early May?

4. La Mike

La Mike (Always Slightly Off)

Nov 20, 2009
    louisiana
    [​IMG]

5. cpartist

cpartist Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2009
    Alachua County FL
    Quote:They are good layers, so probably....if they don't go broody [​IMG]. Last year they only took about two months off late summer to molt, except for the broodies, who had an extra 6 weeks off for maternity leave [​IMG].

6. ChestnutRidge

ChestnutRidge Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Western Virginia
    Quote:They are good layers, so probably....if they don't go broody [​IMG]. Last year they only took about two months off late summer to molt, except for the broodies, who had an extra 6 weeks off for maternity leave [​IMG].

Thank you! I'll keep my fingers crossed! [​IMG]

7. kayla_sayswa

kayla_sayswa Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Western Wisconsin
    Are these from a tested flock? My daughter's 4H projects were just wiped out by the neighbors dogs, so we are thinking about ordering these to get things going again. Beautiful birds, beautiful eggs.

8. Michie

Michie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2010
    San Antonio
    [​IMG]

9. kayla_sayswa

kayla_sayswa Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Western Wisconsin
    Holy cow I get so caught up in auctions. Went $5 over my budget but oh well, they are beautiful. Firing up the bator now...woohoo!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by