1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wheaten Marans - pictures of eggs?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by madicakes, Nov 18, 2014.

1. madicakes

madicakes Chillin' With My Peeps

At the local chicken swap this fall, I purchased a young wheaten marans pullet. I ended up with a wheaten because I let my daughter pick it. I wasn't expecting to really like her, for whatever reason. I'm not sure why though, lol. Let me just say that I love this little girl. She is the sweetest thing, and has a lovely personality. She lets me pick her up, and follows me around. This morning she was weaving in and out of my legs like a cat when I was feeding them. She's not at all flighty and not very vocal. I really like her a lot. I can't wait until she starts laying. Anyone have photos of eggs from their wheaten marans? I would love to see them!

Edited to correct spelling

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  2. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    This is not my pic but this is what wheaten maran eggs look like
    [​IMG]

3. madicakes

madicakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh wow, they're a bit darker than I expected! I can't wait until my girl starts laying.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by