Wheaten Marans

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by 1mommahen, May 1, 2008.

1. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Does anyone have pics of day old wheaten marans? I had one hatch yesterday out of 17 eggs set and am hoping it's not a roo so I can keep it! I'd love some adult pics too! Thanks:D

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

These are pictures (light colored chicks) when mine first hatched a couple of weeks ago. They've changed a lot....I'll try to get some new pictures later. There is one little light silkie in there too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. 1mommahen

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Thanks Katy! Beautiful chicks! Mine has the black/gray at the bottom the the wing. Would love to see more of your pics at later stages:)

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

In the first picture you can see on the chick to the far left the barring on the wing starting to show up.

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I went down and took a few shots of them today. They'll be 2 weeks tomorrow.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. 1mommahen

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    OK Katy, are you guessing as to the sex of that one?[​IMG]

7. newchickmom

newchickmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2007
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What are the dark color ones??? I got 2 of them yesterday, from Rural King, and put them under my broody last night. (she's been trying to hatch golf balls for over 2 weeks now)

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:I really don't have a clue, although I'm pretty sure the first picture is a roo, just from how he stands. These are my first wheatens so I'm clueless. My cuckoos I can tell pretty early on.

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:I don't think they're probably the same kind since the dark ones in the picture are blue wyandottes and they're kind of hard to find. I got the eggs from a breeder.

10. newchickmom

newchickmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2007
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I'll have to get some pics up so someone can let me know what breed they are. I'm clueless [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by