Wheaten or BBR

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Dustin Biery, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All kinds of mistakes today.. Ment to post this in the genetics section? Can I get a move?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  2. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Dustin
    I would say he is a Wheaten....

Chris

3. Dustin Biery

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    Thanks Chris. I know in game fowl, they are all BBR, but would like a better general idea when putting him with females.

4. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Ya he looks more Orange than Red in the hackles and down the back and into the saddle feathers..
    I had to do some jumping around in the ASoP to get the color because in the Malay, Aseel and Shamo Wheaten and BBR males are the same so I looked up Wheaten under Modern Game...

Chris

5. pedro24

pedro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2009
    arthur, ontario
    American game or Old English game

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  6. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:Nope..
    Aseel/Asil I beleve.. He just wanted to know if the color was a Wheaten or a BBR (Black Breastd Red

Chris

7. poultryhaven

poultryhaven Addicted to Seramas!

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    Can you guys help me out on my aseel/asil?
    Can u tell me if he is good quality and what color?
    He's a bantam.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    poultryhaven:
    He looks to be a BBR (Black Breasted Red) But it is a little hard to tell in the pictures.
    He show nice short stout beak, looks to have a nice broad, flat back with short feathering. He looks well Muscled with good spread of legs.. His comb does little big. Is his leg Yellow or white?
    If they are Yellow I would say show him... Let a Judge get there hands on him and tell you what they think and what you will have to work on.. As for what I see in the picture he isn't bad..
    Aseel/Asil only can be shown as Large Fowl I believe ( no bantams ) the standard call for the cock to be 5.5 lbs and hens 4.0 lbs.... I hope this helps you...

Chris

9. poultryhaven

poultryhaven Addicted to Seramas!

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    Quote:Thank you soooo much! I love him and he's my favorite and most friendly roo [​IMG] Idk about the legs, he's at my cousins house cause he needed to use him and yes i will be quarantining him when he gets back. Thank you about the bantam info. I'm gonna go ahead and show him and see how i do. thank you,

Will

10. Dustin Biery

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    He appears to be a well stationed bird. As Chris said, his comb is a little big for the breed, but I think it will be ok. His legs appear to be white, and along with the comb, I would tend to think there is something else working in his blood. I could be completely off base here, but his comb looks more like a cushion comb than a pea comb. Over-all, nice bird. If you are into showing, my suggestion is to enter him into one, the judges will let you know how he stacks up. My experience of showing Asil, there aren't many others out there who show this breed. Good luck with him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by