Wheel Chair for duck

Magic Quack

In the Brooder
Mar 18, 2019
This is Buttercup, my Pekin Duck that cannot walk on his own. So, to this soft hearted old fart, he is worth giving a chance at life, as an indoor companion. He has already taken to the water therapy a have for him twice a day and he just loves being in the same room with us. I am now working on a design for a wheel chair for him, he has use of his legs, but cannot support his weight, he can only stand for a second or two then he falls down. With all the research I have read, I have only found one other wheelchair for a duck but not the best design. Thinking of using Pex pipe and fittings, I have lots of these parts, so it would help on my tight budget. Using Pex Pipe would be light weight and easy for him to move around. Any ideas for designing the wheel chair would be grateful. Yea, try typing on a keyboard with a duck laying his head on your arm trying to sleep.

:welcome

Pretty boy, he's lucky to have a human "flock" willing to help him out.

I've seen images here on BYC of slings that other members have made to help their birds take weight off their legs. Maybe something like that for a "seat" along with the frame you're talking about?

Hope you'll keep us posted on what you come up with!

:yesss: :welcome :yesss:
Miss Piggy Sue says, “Welcome to our eggcelent flock here at BYC!”

AD6941D9-3CAC-4937-9C87-B0446AAF09C1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom