Wheel lifts for tractor?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Flock In Texas, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Flock In Texas

Flock In Texas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2016
    Texas
    I've seen some tractors with levers to drop the wheels on a tractor to raise it for moving. Does anybody have any good pictures or resources for this?

I want to get this straight first before I make the tractor heavy. The tractor will be 4x8 and about 6' tall. I suspect it will be pretty heavy because I plan to trick it out.

2. Hokum Coco

Hokum Coco Overrun With Chickens

Dec 6, 2012
    New Brunswick,Canada
    Quote:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  3. Flock In Texas

Aug 7, 2016
    Texas
  4. Hokum Coco

Hokum Coco Overrun With Chickens

Dec 6, 2012
    New Brunswick,Canada

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  5. Birdy Buddy

Birdy Buddy Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2015
    Sacramento CA
    My Coop
    I recently built my tractor coop. It's heavy but I don't have to lift it. I just need a push to get it moving. I level it with a portable jack. The run is removable in panels. It's about 4'x5.5' and 5' high. The 2x4s in the back are the handle for tilting and moving.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Flock In Texas

Aug 7, 2016
    Texas
    I think you are right. I've seen what you are describing and think I will go that direction. I'll have to include handles to lift that end to engage the wheels, but it will be more sturdy

7. Birdy Buddy

Birdy Buddy Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2015
    Sacramento CA
    My Coop
    I have about 48 SQ FT for the attached run on my coop. The coop itself has a wood floor and is about 8" above the ground. The wheels are 20" diameter with a solid tire. The photo shows underneath the coop where the wheel is attached. I used a 3/4" machine bolt for an axel
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by