Wheel of Fortune called me for an Audition

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by sparkles2307, Sep 17, 2010.

1. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

This spring, the "Wheel-Mobile" came thru our neck of the woods. I can't remember how many thousands of ppl went to hopefully get their names drawn from a hat and play a mock-round. I went with my mom, she told me that she watned to go but turned out she wanted ME to go, and I got drawn. They told us that if they liked our improv-audition that day then in the fall they would recall the ones they liked for a more intensive audition. I got the email a couple of weeks ago. So, I went to the 3-step audition yesterday. Made it thru the first 2 steps, had a lot of fun. There were over 60 called back and they kept only 15 for the final step. It was a blast! We played little mini-rounds of Wheel so they could see how we called letters and projected personality, and then they gave us a sheet with 15 partially solved puzzles on it and we had to finish them. I only got half....I got the sheet with Proper Names and blanked. BUT, it was a great, once in a lifetime experience, and I was on the news!

2. Sparks

Sparks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    WI
    Fun! Good for you!

3. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    That's pretty cool! [​IMG]

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Sounds like fun!

5. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

That is way cool! I've been watching WOF for a long time,..

We're so glad you had such a nice time![​IMG]

6. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Good luck getting on; maybe they'll call you later. We watch it almost every night M-F.
    My wife is better at WOF than what I am. Sure wish she could get on, especially if she'd spend the money on me.
    ETA Have you noticed that all the contestants say that they have wonderful and handsome/beautiful spouses and perfect children. I think they all must come from Lake Woebegone.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  7. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    How exciting!!! [​IMG]

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

9. Kasia

Kasia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2007
    New Orleans
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Congrats! I know how exciting that must have been. I was an extra in in two movies filmed in New Orleans and it wass a BLAST![​IMG]

10. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Cool beans, Sparky!
    Sounds like fun.
    Is there still a chance you'll get called for the actual show?

I remember when WoF first came out and they had to spend the $ on all those funky prizes. Someone always got stuck with some goofy-looking statue or tacky yard art. Our family always tried to predict who would get stuck with the lame item on the stage.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by