Wheeling and Dealing and Distracted ranting

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Becky89*, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Becky89*

Becky89* Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    pennsylvania
    I am sitting here still wheeling and dealing with an issue that my husband brought to my attention last. We had this two hour cuddle/ talk time so that I could relieve my stress. You see my grandpa died when I was thirteen years old and even though its been eight years on days that I have to push my way to get through I think about him a lot and I just started crying in Dan's arms over my grandpa. Thursday was not a good day for me.......college is very stressful and with college comes finiancial issues and if my grandpa was stilll around I know that I wouldn't have gotten the text message from my mom saying that she's cutting me off until she pays my sister's speeding ticket and all the other stuff my younger sister needs. My grandpa would do everything is his power to make sure I had money to survive on and still be able to make Dean's list. Now thanks to my mother, who doesn't want me to have a job, I am getting a job and my grades might have to take a back seat till I can get enough money to be able to surivive.............Dan is not going to pay for everything anymore.........
    Dan held me in his arms and let me talk about my grandpa. How I didn't get to say goodbye, because my mother didn't want to go to the wake, how I, the oldest grandchild is hated by my second oldest cousin because i was grandpa's favorite, How I placed a rose on his flag and then listened to the gun solute....I can only imagine how hard it was for Dan to hold it together while I cried because he still has all four grandparents. They got to see him graduate high school, they got to see him in his tux at his junior and senior prom, those are memories that he has that I never will.......I have my mother's house full of grandpa's wood because he was a cabinet maker.........The sweetest thing he said to me while I laid in his arms crying was that he wants me to dress in my prom gown and dance with him under the stars when we go home for my twenty first birthday.........so that grandpa can see who I've become without all the clouds blocking his view.......

I am sorry for all this I just needed to get it off my chest....... I am currently searching for Pa state grants as I apply left and right for jobs........I hope I find one soon......

2. un-named

un-named Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    so sorry for your loss, but it sounds like Dan is just awesome and really sweet. good luck on finding the $ to continue on with school. i wish you the best.

3. Becky89*

Becky89* Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    pennsylvania
    He is the best!!!!! I am so glad that I found him

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by