Wheezing hen

Dalylah

Chirping
Jul 27, 2020
So my 6 month old hen has been wheezing for a few months! She has been eating and drinking and laying and acting normal and panting when it’s hot but she like always sounds like she has a breathing issue. What do you think it could be? Is it just her normal breathing?

Check for worms in her throat, if you can’t see any very gently run a q-tip through and see if you get any tiny red worms.

F

From what I could tell there wasn’t any but I didn’t really get a good look Because she was not having it.
Dont worry it's not gapeworms.
It's the heat. I have had birds panting, wheezing and honking when it's in the upper 90's, low 100's with 95% humidity. Sometimes they open their wings away from their body to cool themselves. Ensure your birds have plenty of fresh cool water to drink.

Dont worry it's not gapeworms.
It's the heat. I have had birds panting, wheezing and honking when it's in the upper 90's, low 100's with 95% humidity. Sometimes they open their wings away from their body to cool themselves. Ensure your birds have plenty of fresh cool water to drink.
Thanks u very much! She is always the most sensitive to the heat.

Back
Top Bottom