Wheezy chicken!

Thanks for the photo!

Yes, since you are in Canada, I do believe you would need a script for abx.
Give her a little longer and see how she does. If she worsens or you see new symptoms, consult your vet.

I do agree with Carol, she's quite perky. The breathing is a bit puzzling with her alert behavior.
That’s what I was thinking. I was going to give her until Thursday Friday and see how she is.

Honestly that is what is confusing me so much. Is she is doing so well, and is perky, alert eating etc.

She looks fine in the video. Chickens can make a lot of sounds vocalizing and breathing. I would stop the herbal product you are using because flavored water might be avoided, and she needs to be drinking normally. That product is similar to Vet Rx which contains herbal oils. The peppermint and oils probably have no effect on her breathing. Everyone seems to go crazy over garlic for chickens. I wouldn’t use very much, because onion family can be toxic in moderate amounts. Chickens need good fresh unflavored water and good balanced chicken feed. Occasional sneezing can be normal if they are eating or get something into her nostrils. I would get her back with her flock today, or they may bully her by the long separation.

She looks fine in the video. Chickens can make a lot of sounds vocalizing and breathing. I would stop the herbal product you are using because flavored water might be avoided, and she needs to be drinking normally. That product is similar to Vet Rx which contains herbal oils. The peppermint and oils probably have no effect on her breathing. Everyone seems to go crazy over garlic for chickens. I wouldn’t use very much, because onion family can be toxic in moderate amounts. Chickens need good fresh unflavored water and good balanced chicken feed. Occasional sneezing can be normal if they are eating or get something into her nostrils. I would get her back with her flock today, or they may bully her by the long separ
Thank you for your advice!
She has been drinking a lot, so it has not deterred her whatsoever. I did keep a close eye on that and would of stopped immediately if she did not drink well :)
I have not been giving much garlic at all. Just a tiny bit. :) I read conflicting information and so went very conservative with amounts!

Agree with @Eggcessive about "noise" they make ... I have one that does a "honking" sneeze that had me worried but it's usually when we have low humidity. It's been raining alot & haven't heard her "honking".
I now have one that I thought had a URI (watery eyes only symptom), treated with VetRX (per feed store) then tried antibiotic (Amoxicillian+Tylosin+Bromhexine) ... Nothing helped. Long story short, found that <70* & shavings/dusty bedding make her eyes tear which makes her scratch herself profusely. So now she gets a heat lite when temps drop & found a Carefresh bedding that doesn't seem to bother her.

IF only they could talk ...

Back
Top Bottom